Not many sellers are familiar with the task of their REALTOR®. The relation between the seller and the REALTOR® is highly professional because the REALTOR® is aware of the expectations of their clients – either a successful purchase or a successful sale.
The major task of the REALTOR® is to always stand prepared for any kind of issue that might come up during the selling process, defend the interest of their clients and help them get the best of the deal.
In order to better understand the relation to your REALTOR®, here is a short list of some of the tasks that the REALTOR® performs:
• A REALTOR® makes a great effort to obtain a listing. This is one of their basic tasks, and finding a house that is appropriate for selling or buying can be quite difficult and time-consuming;
• A REALTOR® first carries out a research of the prices of houses in the seller’s neighburhood and when all details are taken into consideration, the REALTOR® makes a Comparative Market Analysis which establishes the basic price of the home;
• A REALTOR® makes an appointment with the seller and presents the results from the Comparative Market Analysis, gives an opinion on the price and prepares a good strategy for selling the home in a short time frame;
• A REALTOR® measures the lot size, calculates the square footage and makes a detailed presentation about the home for sale;
• A REALTOR® presents the listing price to the potential buyers and gathers all needed documents for the sale of the home;
• A REALTOR® is responsible for the marketing of the home. Many REALTORS® show their creative side while performing this task – in marketing, everything is allowed and nowadays most of the marketing is conducted on the internet. REALTORS® use house tours, post photos and make a regular update of the advertisement on all public marketing sites;
• A REALTOR® finds potential buyers and organizes an open home visit to the seller’s home where clients can see by themselves the qualities of the home;
• A REALTOR® has a task to close the deal. When negotiating for the price, if the REALTOR® is hired by the seller, they will do their best to close the deal with a price that will satisfy the seller. The REALTOR® also ensures that both parties are happy after the sales agreement is signed.